New Delhi, Dec 8 (IANS) During winter season, it is best to stick to bandhgalas in velvet and satin in hues of burgundy or royal navy, say experts.
Sanchit Baweja, Co-Founder and Chief Business Officer, Stage3, and Saurabh Sharma, Founder and Director – Logicuff, have shared some tips to keep in mind while choosing bandhgalas:
* Concentrate on the fabric: Get the perfect look with silk brocades, velvet and satin for special occasions and finer silks, cotton, cotton silk, crepe and georgette for a perfect outfit for a semi formal occasion. Choose a plain light-weight Jodhpuri dress for a formal look.
* For the love of black: Black bandhgala is the foundation to innumerable outfit options. For an elegant look, try wearing it with a white shirt and a polka-dotted pocket square. Wear this with a pair of black oxfords or Chelsea boots.
* Pair it well: For winter weddings – opt for velvet bandhgalas in rich tones like burgundy or royal navy. Deeper colours lend a richer feel to the ensemble. One can pair it with black trousers or white breeches (jodhpuri trousers). Offset the rich colours with a light, solid coloured pocket square and a pair of tan oxfords (for white breeches) or black Chelsea boots (for black trousers).
* Pinstripe: Another interesting twist is pinstripes. Pinstriped bandhgalas or pinstriped achkans paired with churidars make for a great alternative to a suit. Keep the accessories simple with a white pocket square and a pair of brown brogues.
* Style it right: For a festive affair, rather than pairing bandhgala with churidars, one can team it up with dhotis. This look can be completed with a pair of embroidered mojaris with designs matching the designs on the clothing. Georgette or silk shawls can also be worn.